Happy Friday! I am thrilled to wrap up the week with a post featuring one of my favorite author friends, Mary Kubica! Not only is Mary a fabulous author, she’s also one of the most kind and down to earth people I’ve been fortunate enough to get to know.
I just received a copy of her new release, DON’T YOU CRY, and can’t wait to dive in! I’ll be giving away a copy of her book soon, so read on for details.
Here’s more about Mary ….
- Hometown: Chicago
- How long you’ve been writing: Since I was about ten years old – give or take a few years
- List the books you’ve written (and are releasing soon!): The Good Girl, Pretty Baby, Don’t You Cry
- Share the best thing a fan’s ever told you: I’m feel extremely blessed to receive many emails, tweets, Facebook messages and more from readers, and every single note and comment holds a special place in my heart. I’m quite certain I have the best readers in the world. But I was touched by the beautiful imagery of an email I received after The Good Girl released, where a man described the way he and his wife took turns reading the novel – though simultaneously – and portrayed the way their individual bookmarks leapfrogged through the pages of the novel. There was something so touching about this that I have never forgotten.
- Share a sentence from a recent Goodreads review: “Move aside Paula Hawkins, Gillian Flynn et al. With The Good Girl and Pretty Baby, Mary Kubica introduced herself as a major new talent; in Don’t You Cry, she has confirmed her status as the unrivaled master of the psychological thriller.”
- Tell us about the book you’re working on now: I’ve just finished up my fourth novel, which is still untitled, but will release in the summer of 2017. This one begins when a young father is killed in a car crash with his four-year-old daughter in the backseat, unharmed. The crash is ruled an accident until the coming days when the girl begins having nightmares about another car following and pushing them from the road. The man’s widow sets out to find her husband’s killer. More details coming soon!
- Describe the book in 3 words: grief, desperation, deceit
- Next event where you’ll be signing books or speaking? I’m just finishing up my Don’t You Cry book tour, but have one more event scheduled for June 2 at The Book Stall in Winnetka, IL, and a number of Illinois area library events planned this summer.
- Where can readers find you online and on social media (website & links)?
- Where can readers buy your books (links)? Buy links are available on my website at www.MaryKubica.com
Would you like to win Mary’s novel, plus 9 other fabulous books?
Here’s the link to enter the JUNE giveaway: