My surprise guest today proclaims herself a Southerner through and through, a North Carolina girl who loves all four seasons – especially fall in Chapel Hill, where she went to college (Go Tarheels!) and summer in Beaufort, where she spends every free moment.
Please enjoy this video with today’s surprise guest, Kristy Woodson Harvey!
- How long you’ve been writing: Forever! I always thought I would be a journalist and had my first newspaper column when I was 17. Writing novels wasn’t something I ever thought I would do, but my debut, Dear Carolina, was published May 5, 2015!
- List the books you’ve written: Dear Carolina, Lies and Other Acts of Love
- Share the best thing a fan’s ever told you: Someone emailed me yesterday and said Lies and Other Acts of Love was her favorite book she has ever read… Can’t top that!
- Share a sentence from a recent Goodreads review: “Lies and Other Acts of Love is the deepest, truest book I have ever read of family loyalty, respect, and love.”
- Tell us about the book you’re working on now: I’m working on a novel about three grown sisters at very different places in their lives who, for very different reasons, all end up coming home—two with children in tow—to their childhood home. It’s the first book in a series in which each of the women faces her own struggles, uncovers secrets and re-learns the true value of family. (Sorry I can’t say too much about it yet!)
- Describe the book in 3 words: Powerful, family, love
- Next events where you’ll be signing books or speaking: July 22: Duck’s Cottage Books, Duck, NC, 9-11 am, July 22: Manteo Book Club Lunch, 12 pm, July 22: Downtown Books, Manteo, NC, 2-5 pm
- @kristywharvey (Twitter and Instagram)
- Facebook: facebook.com/kristywoodsonharvey
- www.mydesignchic.com (My interior design blog!)
- Where can readers buy your books?
Would you like to win Kristy’s book, plus 9 other fabulous novels?
Here’s the link to enter the JUNE giveaway: