Today I welcome Kimberly Belle to my blog as part of my month-long tribute to my favorite authors and writer friends. Kimberly and I met last year at the Decatur Book Festival and were lucky enough to both be invited to speak on panels in Canton, Ga. at the city’s book festival last month. She’s a gem of a person, a talented author, and I’m proud to call her my friend!
Here’s more on Kimberly….
- Hometown: I split my time between Atlanta and Amsterdam (the hubs is Dutch, as is a significant chunk of his business). Can I claim both?
- How long you’ve been writing: I’ve been writing full time since 2007, and my first book was released in 2014. Seven years to seeing my book in print felt like forever at the time, but it’s actually pretty quick in the publishing world. But now that I’m writing full time, I can’t imagine doing anything else.
- List the books you’ve written: The Last Breath, The Ones We Trust, and The Marriage Lie (January 2017)
- Share the best thing a fan’s ever told you: I was invited to speak at a book club for The Last Breath, and one of the readers took me aside to show how she’d marked her copy up, flagging her favorite passages and making notes in the margins. She’d made a study of my story, and it was the best compliment she could have given me.
- Share a sentence from a recent Goodreads review: This one’s for The Ones We Trust: “A Few Good Men meets Scandal in this intense drama about a military family who is seeking the truth about the death of their beloved son and brother, killed during war. Moving, poignant and intense, The Ones We Trust gave me a book hangover.”
- Next event where you’ll be signing books or speaking? I’m still working on the schedule for The Marriage Lie events, but in the meantime, I’ll be at the American Library Association Conference in Orlando in June (http://2016.alaannual.org/). My events page is the best place for an updated list: http://kimberlybellebooks.com/events/.
- Describe the book in 3 words: Adventurous, suspenseful, surprising.
- Tell us about the book you’re working on now: It’s still untitled, but the story is about Mia Davidson, a newly divorced woman hiking the Appalachian Trail. She’s three weeks into the hike when she comes across two small children, underfed and underdressed, in the North Carolina backcountry. A verbally and physically abusive man professing to be their uncle claims them, and Mia has no choice but to let them go. But she also can’t move on, not until she knows they’re okay, and her subsequent search will lead her down a rabbit hole of trouble.
- Where can readers find you on social media?
10. Where can readers buy your books?
- Barnes and Noble
- FoxTale – Such a GREAT Bookstore in Woodstock, Ga with signed copies!!!
- Google Play
Here’s the link to enter the JUNE giveaway: