This week, I’m so excited for you to meet the lovely and talented Jessica Sinn, book reviewer, writer, and dog whisperer. Jessica runs Chick Lit Café, where she gives honest and insightful reviews about a wide range of novels from romance to horror. Her reviews around Halloween are particularly fun!
Jessica is an audiobook junkie, like me, and when she’s not reading or working as the Communications Coordinator at University of Texas at Austin, you can find her at Austin Pets Alive playing with pups. Fun Fact: This past year, Jessica had the opportunity to meet Goosebumps creator, R.L. Stine!
Here’s the 411 on Jessica:
- Name: Jessica Sinn
- Hometown: Santee, California
- Where you live now! Austin, Texas. I’m doing my part to keep Austin weird!
- Family members: My teenie tiny family consists of my dad and my big sister.
- How did we “meet?” Hmmm…it was so long ago, it’s hard to remember! I believe it happened when you offered me an ARC of you first book, Stay Tuned.
- Five words friends would use to describe you. Silly, funny, colorful, loud, talkative. Little do they know, I’m a closet introvert!
I started it mainly for myself. I wanted to keep a record of all the books I’m reading for the same reasons people put together scrapbooks. I love looking back at my reviews and reminiscing about how I felt while reading the book, and how I connected—or disconnected—with the characters. It’s kind of funny how I can look back at a book I read two years ago and remember exactly what was going on in my life at that time.
- What is the most rewarding thing about it? There are so many rewards, but if I had to choose just one, I’d say that my community of writers and bloggers is an unexpected gift. It’s like having pen pals who truly understand me at a whole other level. They totally get my book obsession and motivate me to get cracking on my book. I wouldn’t trade my book blog community for anything in the world!
- Finish this sentence. “When I’m not reading, I’m running with rescue dogs.”
- Finish this sentence. “I love it when people are kind to each other.”
- What would you do with a million dollars? Quit my day job and write full time!
- Favorite book: The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
- Favorite movie: Hocus Pocus
- Favorite treat/snack: Cupcakes!
- Favorite vacation spot: Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
- Romance or Suspense? Suspense with a touch of romance.
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee in the morning; lemon ginger tea at night.
- Beach or Mountains? Definitely the mountains.
- Sun or Snow? Bring on the sun!
- Where can people find you on the web or on social media?
Thank you Jessica, for taking time out of your busy schedule to take part in my Reader Spotlight! xo
Have a great week, everyone!